39 School Street
Ashburnham, MA 01430
M.A., Ph.D. in American History, Stanford University
MBA (w/ certificate in Nonprofit Management), Boston University
Ed.M., Policy, Planning, and Administration, Boston University
Dozens of articles and reviews published in American Historical Review, Boston Globe, Bostonia, Character, Education Week, Independent School Magazine
(eight articles), Journal of Education, Massachusetts Historical Journal, The Parents League Review
, and others. Also wrote article for NAIS website
on teacher retention. ARTICLES IN INDEPENDENT SCHOOL MAGAZINE:
- “Called to Service: Republican Virtue and Independent Schools from the American Revolution to the New Millennium,”
cover article for the “millennium issue,” Winter 2000.
- “Accidental Privilege in a Crowded Biosphere
,” Summer 2002.
- “Meditation on Money
,” Fall 2003.
- “Speaking to the Next Generation
,” Winter 2003.
- “’The American Scholar’ in the 21st Century: Emerson’s Clarion Call of 1837 Reverberates Today
,” Winter 2004.
- “Blurring the Divide: The New Breed of College-Affiliated Schools
,” Summer 2005.
- “The Dynamo and the Singularity: Education in an Accelerating World,”
- “Finding Your Inner Hedgehog: The Case for Truly Strategic Planning in Tough Financial Times,”
(University of Chicago Press, 1996). Widely reviewed, including full-page review in The New York Times Book Review.