Despite the weekend’s snow and frigid temps, the annual Holiday Stroll proved to be a great success!
Some highlights were:
* Hot apple cider and spice drops at Schottland, plus every resident welcoming judges and strollers with smiles and song
* Jared Rose playing "Let it Snow" on his saxophone at Ash House and candy canes from the Salvuccis
* Awesome cake pops at Cooke Hall made by the Ahns
* Classy decorations and great treats from the Devins and Jack Cassidy at Vose House
* Great singing voices from the boys at Sawyer who were welcoming us from on top of the roof
* Smiling faces and happy spirits plus chocolate and the offer of cheese and crackers from the girls in Alumni
* An awesome display of lights and homemade snowflakes in the warm, welcoming day student room
The results (which factor into the year-long Cushing Olympics competition) were based on what the judges saw/experienced:
Remember judges based their decisions on:
* Spirit/welcoming factor
* Inclusion of members of the team
First place: Sawyer Hopkins
Second place: House
Tied for third: Ash, Day Students and Alumni
Thank you so much to the judges, Mrs. Buono and Ms. Casey and their spouses, who drove in despite the snow, braved the cold weather and walked all around campus to enjoy everyone's hard work! Also thank you to Mr. Macioci for joining our walk and Mrs. Salvucci for coming with us for the second half of the walk.
And of course thank you to everyone who helped light up our campus for the holiday season.