5-Week Session – June 28, 2020
3-Week Session I – June 28, 2020
3-Week Session II – July 11, 2020
All students are expected to arrive to campus on the scheduled dates noted above.
Registration begins at 12:00 noon and continues throughout the day until all students have arrived to campus. Note: Housing and dining facilities are not available for students before their scheduled arrival date.
- If you are unable to drive your child directly to campus, Summer Session provides a chaperoned bus service from Logan Airport to Cushing on each arrival date. There is a $60 fee for this service. While completing the required Summer Session Enrollment Forms, you will have the option of reserving a place for your child on one of these charter buses.
- Because of the number of students requiring transportation to campus, flights must be scheduled to arrive at Logan between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm on your scheduled arrival date.
- Dressed in purple Cushing shirts, Summer Session staff will meet all flights and provide chaperoned transportation to campus from Boston-Logan International Airport for all students scheduled to arrive between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm. Throughout the day, Cushing’s arrival staff remain in frequent contact with the Summer Session Office, which will be monitoring flights, updating travel information, and managing the logistics of transporting students to campus.
- When students arrive, they should go directly to Baggage Claim, where a Cushing representative will meet them. After collecting their luggage, students are accompanied by the Cushing representative to the Hilton Boston Logan Hotel, where they will wait until their charter bus or van departs for campus, which is approximately a ninety-minute drive from the airport.
- Late Arrivals: Students scheduled to arrive at Logan International Airport after 6:00 pm on their scheduled date must make arrangements in advance to stay overnight at the Hilton Boston Logan Hotel. A Cushing charter bus will leave from the Hilton Boston Logan Hotel at 8:30 am the following day to transport students to campus.
Students who arrive after 6:00 pm on their scheduled arrival date and who are staying overnight at the Hilton Boston Logan Hotel will be met by a Cushing representative at the baggage claim area and transported from the airport to the hotel.
Reservations for your child’s overnight stay must be made through the Hilton Boston Logan Hotel, which has reserved a group of rooms exclusively for Cushing Summer Session families. These rooms will be in close proximity to those used by Cushing’s arrival staff. To reserve a room for the evening of your scheduled arrival date, contact the Hilton Boston Logan Hotel Reservations at 617.568.6700 or 800.445.8667. Reservations can be made online at www.hilton.com and use code “CAS” for Cushing’s room rate. Reservations must be made prior to June 1 and paid in advance by credit card. Families should make sure that their child knows the confirmation number of the reservation. Cushing Academy Summer Session cannot make reservations for students.
Note: While Cushing Academy’s arrival team will be at the Hilton Boston Logan Hotel after 6:00 pm to check students in, to answer students’ questions, and to provide information about Monday morning’s bus to campus, they will NOT be able to provide the level of supervision that is given on campus. Therefore, we encourage you to make every effort to schedule your child’s arrival before 6:00 pm on your respective arrival date.
5-Week Session – July 31, 2020
3-Week Session I – July 18, 2020
3-Week Session II – July 31, 2020
- Travel should be arranged for students to depart from Cushing on the scheduled departure dates noted above. Any changes in return tickets are the responsibility of the parent, and all changes must be submitted in writing to the Summer Session Office one week in advance of your scheduled departure date. Cushing cannot take responsibility for students with a stand-by reservation. Every student should have a reservation for a confirmed seat on his or her return flight.
- If your child is departing from Boston’s Logan International Airport, Summer Session provides a chaperoned bus service from Cushing to Logan on the scheduled departure dates
- There is a $60 fee for this service. While completing the required Summer Session Enrollment Forms, you will have the option of reserving a place for your child on one of these charter buses.
UNACCOMPANIED MINOR INFORMATION
If your child is unaccustomed to traveling alone, you may wish to contact your airline to inquire about its “Unaccompanied Minor” services and policies. Each airline has its own policy. See information below. In most cases, upon request, unaccompanied minor services will be provided for a nominal service fee per connecting flight for minors between the ages of 11 and 17 who are traveling alone. Please contact your airline with any specific questions. Upon your child’s departure from Cushing, we must arrange for a Cushing representative to bring him/her to the airline desk. Cushing’s fee for accompanying your minor child is $75.00 and must be paid in advance. Please use the Airport Transportation Form.
If you are using the “Unaccompanied Minor” service, provide the airline with the pick-up name of “Cushing Academy Representative.” Our representative will be wearing a purple Cushing shirt and a photo ID.