Over the course of the pandemic, we have seen many challenges and changes — and we have seen the community rally together to be able to get to our new normal.
To keep our community safe and healthy, the primary COVID-19 series is mandatory for all students and the booster is highly recommended.
Vaccination exemptions may be made for (1) sincerely-held religious beliefs, which Cushing Health Services can provide the attestation form upon request by email to [email protected], or (2) medical reasons specified in a letter signed by your student’s primary care provider. If your student has already received the influenza vaccine, please upload a record of this immunization to the Immunization Record in Magnus Health.
With the recent changes to the isolation protocol for schools from the CDC, the medical team has modified our isolation protocols to the following (as of December 2, 2022):
- If a student tests positive for COVID, the student will need to isolate off campus for 5 full days.
- Day zero is the day that the student tests positive or the first day of symptoms.
- On day 6 through day 10, students will be allowed back on campus with a negative rapid COVID test and a confirmation test completed upon arrival to campus.
- If the student continues to test positive, on day 11, the student will be allowed back on campus regardless of rapid COVID test results. Students will not be required to wear a mask upon return.
- At this time we are only testing students for COVID and Flu if they are symptomatic. It is imperative that students come to the Health Center as soon as their symptoms start.
- If a student tests positive for COVID and says that their symptoms started days ago and has not come to the health center, day zero will be considered the day of the positive test.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to the Health Services team at (978) 827-7111 or [email protected].
Local Guardian Options
If your family is in need of a local guardian, there are several companies that provide full-service guardianship for families, including: