Cushing Summer Session 2023 COVID-19 Policies
The health and safety of our summer community is our top priority. Cushing Summer Session will follow all necessary COVID-19 precautions and protocols, including current requirements and guidelines from MA health officials and the school’s medical team. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding Cushing’s COVID-19 policies noted below.
Summer Session Office:
Summer Health Services:
Note: policies are subject to change and may be updated as needed prior to the start of the Summer Session. Enrolled families will be notified of any modifications to our current COVID-19 policies.
- Students must provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster. Exemptions will be considered for medical or religious purposes. Vaccine documentation can be uploaded on the Magnus Health platform available on the Resources page on the My Cushing Summer portal. If you do not have access to the appropriate vaccine for an applicant, please contact our Health Services for options [email protected]
- Cushing strongly recommends that students obtain a PCR test within 72 hours of arrival on campus.
- Students must agree to all required surveillance and diagnostic COVID testing while on campus.
- Each family must provide contact information for a U.S.-based guardian who is able to take custody of their student within 24 hours of notification of a positive COVID test or other condition that requires an expedited departure from campus. The Contact Information form can be completed and uploaded on the Magnus Health platform available on the Resources page on the My Cushing Summer portal.
- If interested, there are several companies that provide full-service guardianship for families, including:
- Student Health Advocates studenthealthadvocates.com,
- GoldStar goldstarguardians.com
To learn more about this option for guardianship please visit the websites above. Enrollment in this service will satisfy the guardianship requirement noted above. All enrollments must be complete by June 15th, 2023.
If an enrolled student is unable to travel to Cushing Summer Session due to COVID restrictions (travel bans, quarantines, etc.), the family will receive a full refund of any payments made, including deposits, tuition, and fees. Any student who tests positive for COVID-19 while in attendance at Cushing Summer Session will depart campus with a parent/guardian for a 10-day quarantine. No refunds are provided for any absence from the program.